Website Oxford Active Ltd
£117.40 per day
Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm (9 hour shifts)
Free Onsite parking (site dependant)
School Holiday only role
Oxford Active Ltd have been running successfully for over 20 years and we are looking for someone with a coaching qualification to work as an Sports Lead. You’ll be working with a group of 8 – 18 children so you must have a good understanding of OFSTED and safeguarding children as well as able communicate effectively. You’ll be required to use your coaching qualification, teaching children the sport you specialise in and also do a range of themed activities so be prepared to get stuck into a creative and active day!
When working at Active Camps, you will be supported by head office and the camp team. We can also offer training opportunities and career progression.
- Employee Assistance Programme with Spectrum Life
- Flexible shifts
- Further training opportunities such as Paediatric First Aid
- Refer a friend incentives
- Free childcare for children aged 4-14 years at one of our sites
Active Camps runs from 8am – 6pm Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- At least 1 years’ experience or working / volunteering with children in a school, play or another relevant environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children
- Coaching qualification
Your Day at Active Camps
- Working with a group of children aged 4-14 years old
- Doing activities such as sports, arts and crafts, drama, dance, cooking, swimming (site dependant)
- Assisting with themed activities depending on time of year
- Taking part in the delivery of safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities in a fun and caring environment
- Being responsible for tidying rooms and looking after play equipment each day
- Working within all company policies and procedures, with reference to safeguarding responsibilities for the children in our care
- Administer first aid if appropriate
- Adhere to OFSTED regulations.
- Good communication skills with children and parents.
- Speaking to parents during sign in and sign out about their children’s day and / or any accidents or incidents that occurred.
Active Camps is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues regarding child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete a DBS check if they are not already on the DBS Update Service and supply us with references. At Active Camps we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.