Website Oxford Active Ltd
£114.10 per day
Monday – Friday school holiday role
8am – 6pm (9 hour shifts)
Free, on site parking (site dependant)
FREE childcare at one of our camps!
If you have a passion for the outdoors, are experienced and/or qualified in outdoor education and want to pass your skills on to children, Active Adventure could offer you the perfect opportunity for work!
Active Adventure Camps have been specifically designed for children aged 6 – 14 years old. The instructors pride themselves in being able to provide meaningful, creative, and engaging outdoor learning experiences, through a range of activities. You’ll also assist in the daily organisation and operation of the camp so that children are kept safe, learn new skills, and have fun.
Activities may include: Canoeing, kayaking, raft building, nature art projects, archery, shelter building, orienteering, survival skills, fire lighting, search and rescue training, wood carving, foraging, navigation training, minibeast hunts, assault courses, swimming, indoor rock climbing, campfire cooking, and team building games. Some activities are dependent on the site facilities.
- Experience of working with youth aged 6-14, in a range of outdoor activities
- Appropriate experience and/or NGB qualifications in relevant outdoor activities
- Ability to communicate at all levels, particularly with children
- Ability to work on own initiative, but also as part of a team
Your Day at Active Camps
- Signing children in and out at the start and end of the day
- Getting involved with and running activities safely
- Communicating with parents / carers
- Working with your colleagues as a team
- Working within all company policies and procedures
- Working as a team to provide safe, creative, structured, and appropriate activity for children aged 6 – 14 years
- Keeping children safe and minimising risks in the environment
- Being responsible for tidying and looking after equipment and area each day
- Adhere to OFSTED regulations
When working at Active Camps, you will benefit from a supportive head office and camp team, training opportunities, the chance to work other roles and career progression.
- Employee Assistance Programme with Spectrum Life
- Flexible Shifts
- Further training opportunities such as Paediatric First Aid
- Refer a friend incentives
- Free childcare for children aged 4-14 years at one of our sites
Active Camps is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues regarding child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete a DBS check if they are not already on the DBS Update Service and supply us with references. At Active Camps we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.