Website Oxford Active Ltd
Monday – Friday school holiday role
4 hour days
Oxford Active Ltd have been running successfully for over 20 years and we are recruiting for a qualified Climbing Wall Instructor to work on a part-time basis. The role is based at our Bishopsgate School, Bishopsgate Rd, Englefield Green, Egham TW20 0YJ camp site and you’ll be working with children aged 4-14 years old.
To do this role you must have a climbing wall qualification and experience as an instructor!
The camp activities run from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday however you’ll only be needed for 2 days a week for 4 hours per day only. Times of the session are not yet confirmed so you can be flexible to run the session either in the morning or afternoon. We do not operate on bank holiday dates.
When working at Active Camps, you will benefit from a supportive head office and camp team, training opportunities, the chance to work other roles and career progression.
- Employee Assistance Programme with Spectrum Life
- Flexible Shifts
- Further training opportunities such as Paediatric First Aid
- Refer a friend incentives
- Free childcare for children aged 4-14 years at one of our sites
- Plan and deliver an engaging and effective climbing wall session
- Provide instruction and guidance to participants on proper techniques and skills
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment for all children
- Ensure the safety of children during all activities
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate schedules and programs
- Certification as a Climbing Wall Instructor
- Previous experience is essential
- Strong knowledge of the session being taught
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt coaching methods to meet the needs of different age groups and skill levels
- Passion for teaching and educating others in the session
Your Day at Active Camps:
- Working with a group of eight children aged 4-14 years old
- Working within all company policies and procedures
- Working as a team to provide safe, creative, structured, and appropriate activity for children aged 4 – 14 years
- Keeping children safe and minimising risks in the environment
- Being responsible for tidying and looking after equipment each day
- Adhere to OFSTED regulations
Active Camps is committed to safe practice in recruitment and selection that includes consideration of issues regarding child protection, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All staff will be expected to complete a DBS check if they are not already on the DBS Update Service and supply us with references. At Active Camps we strongly believe in respect and equal treatment for all persons regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, marital status, civil partnership status, colour, nationality, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, or physical ability. We insist that this respect is applied in every aspect of our business and in how we conduct ourselves.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.